Private group photography lessons
Our private photography lessons for groups are tailored to your needs. Learn what you want, when you want, where you want.
Customized private group photography lessons.
Exposure Therapy’s photography lessons are offered in-person as well as online via video conferencing. You can choose between an existing lesson plan or make a special request for a subject of your choosing. This is a great option for schools, companies, social clubs, and private events.
Let’s start a conversation.
Group private lesson topics to consider.
Our private group photography lessons are adaptable to your needs. For example, if you prefer a structured experience, choose a lesson based on one of our existing workshops (101–104). Beyond that, a photography lesson can feature any topic you want. Some ideas include:
- How to operate your new camera (menus, mode dials, buttons, changing lenses, etc.).
- Improve your mobile phone photography.
- Improve your travel photography.
- Basic photo composition.
- Learn Adobe Lightroom: photo organization and image processing.
- Reading a scene and interpreting light.
- Long exposure class: techniques and practice.
- Exposure techniques for dynamic and high-contrast scenes.
- On-camera flash photography classes: techniques and operation.
- Off-camera flash photography classes: (studio strobes, modifiers, etc.).
- External light meters for digital or film photography.
If there’s something you want to learn that isn’t on the list, we’ll endeavour to accommodate it as best we can.
- Our private photography lessons are suitable for all cameras capable of manual mode.
- All brands of digital cameras are accepted for this workshop.
- Contact us if you’re unsure about your camera’s suitability for a private workshop.
What to bring (for in-person lessons):
- Camera, lens(es), and accessories you want to learn about.
- Battery (fully charged)1If you’re participating in more than one workshop, please bring either your battery charger or a second battery to ensure you can operate your camera throughout the day.
- Memory card (emptied).
- Camera manual.
The price of our private photography lessons does not include your instructor’s admission fee to locations or venues that have an entry charge. When your preferred lesson location has paid admission, you will be need to purchase your instructor’s entrance ticket.
Cancellation and refunds
Cancellation of private group lessons
Our full cancellation and refund policy is found in the Terms of Sale. The following summary is for your convenience:
- We accept cancellations for a full refund up to five (5) days in advance of your initially-scheduled course.
- We accept schedule modifications up to 48 hours in advance of your initially-scheduled course.
Cancellation of remote video private group lessons
- We accept cancellations for a full refund up to two (2) days in advance of your initially-scheduled video lesson. No full or partial refunds are offered after your initial lesson has commenced.
- We accept schedule modifications up to 6 hours in advance of your initially-scheduled video lesson.